The panel of judges for the World of Safety and Health Awards 2021 has been announced, which comprises several industry experts from the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa regions.
The awards are divided into three main categories: safety, health and technology. There is also a separate, new category called ‘safety influencer’.
The judges include:
1) Ir. Dr Vincent Ho – founding chairman of the Hong Kong Association of Risk Management and Safety, 52nd president of IOSH, and a past president of the International Association of PSAM and Southern California Society for Risk Analysis.
2) Bernie Doyle – CEO of the National Safety Council of Australia (NSCA), and secretary general of the Asia-Pacific Occupational Safety and Health Organization (APOSHO).
3) Benjamin Legg – global corporate director for safety, health and wellbeing at Ferrovial, and non-executive director for Repple. He brings almost 30 year of experience in the construction and support service industries.
4) Darren Brunton – immediate past chairman of IOSH Singapore Branch, managing director of KB Associates Group of Companies, a Chartered Fellow of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CFIOSH), and a registered IRCA UK OHSAS lead auditor.
5) Josy John – corporate safety head at Tata Consulting Engineers. He is also a thought leader and safety evangelist, with more than 30 years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries and services.
6) Winston Yew – director for industry development at the Workplace Safety and Health Council, Singapore. He has more than 35 years of experience in policy formulation, standards setting and operations management in the field of workplace safety and health (WSH).
7) Dr Rehab Faraj Al Ameri – director of National Accreditation Department at UAE’s Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, and secretary general of the International Halal Accreditation Forum (IHAF).
8) Ken Kogei – a quality, safety, health and environment (QSHE) consultant and currently serving as QSHE director at Kaileys Consortium (a QSHE registered consultancy firm serving Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with interests in Sudan and Lesotho).
9). Soh Hong Kuan Bernard – president of the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (SISO) since 2016. He leads WSH-related programmes and activities at SISO in order to achieve its vision: ‘To be the leading institution for the advancement of the WSH profession’. He is also a senior HSE manager at Penta-Ocean Construction Company Limited.
For details on the awards, click here.