Penang, Malaysia – The Asia-Pacific Space Designers Association (APSDA) convened its highly anticipated 7th General Assembly in conjunction with the REKA Campus 2023, hosted by the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID). The event took place at Think City, in the picturesque surroundings of Penang, Malaysia, on October 30, 2023. Notably, the assembly also witnessed the election of a new board that will lead APSDA into a promising future.
A key aspect of the 7th General Assembly was the election of the new APSDA board members. The following individuals have been elected to lead the association into the next term of its journey from the Year 2023 – 2025:
(1) President – Prof. Keat Ong, Society of Interior Designers, Singapore (SIDS). It is delighted to announce the re-election of Prof. Keat Ong as president for a second term.
(2) Deputy President – Emil Chao, Chinese Society of Interior Designers Taiwan (CSID) Emil Chao has been re-elected, transitioning from the position of Vice President to Deputy President.
(3) Vice President – IDr Maria Victoria S. Almario, Philippine Institute of Interior Designers (PIID)
(4) Masanobu Takeishi, Japan Commercial Environmental Design Association (JCD)
(5) Koji Sakai, Japan Interior Architects/Designers’ Association (JID)
(6) Hyouck Huh, Korean Society of Interior Architects Designers (KOSID)
(7) IDr Lai Siew Hong, Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID)
(8) Tanya Suvannapong, Thailand Interior Designers Association (TIDA)
(9) Montip Lynn Assoratgoon, Thailand Interior Designers Association (TIDA)
These dedicated professionals bring a wealth of experience and expertise to their roles, and their vision for APSDA promises to further elevate the association’s influence in the Asia-Pacific design community.
During the General Assembly, APSDA also expressed its heartfelt gratitude to all outgoing board members for their significant contributions and dedication to the association. Their hard work and commitment have played an instrumental role in advancing the mission and goals of APSDA.